Iowa Local Food Day – (Now through 2018)
October 11, 2018All Day
IOWA LOCAL FOOD DAY!
What will you be eating October 11, 2018?
Help to celebrate Iowa’s local foods in your school! Through a grant* opportunity, IDALS is creating an “Iowa Local Food Day” statewide celebration. This event will bring together all sectors of Farm to School. Unifying the state and local food project will:
- Aid food service directors in making local procurements
- Engage more growers in growing and selling produce to school
- Allow Farm to School activities to expand beyond fruits and vegetables
- Help growers ramp up sales by working with Summer Food Service Programs (SFSP)
- Raise awareness of Farm to School across the state
And… let kids experience the goodness that Iowa foods.
How can you get involved?
- Sign up to participate
- Attend a training workshop/webinar
- Promote this event at your school and within your community
- Attend the workshop
- Plan to plants for schools
- Get registered in the Iowa Farm to School Directory
- Grower workshops (4)
- Food Service Director/Local Procurement Trainings
- Menu/recipe resources, access to local food coordinators, taste test supplies/opportunities, food hub aggregation, marketing materials, pricing information
- Food grade boxes for growers
*IDALS is a recipient of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) FY 2017 Farm to School Support Service Grant
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com