Iowa Local Food Day - (Now through October 2018)
October 11, 2018 All Day
IOWA LOCAL FOOD DAY!
What will you be eating October 11, 2018?
Help to celebrate Iowa’s local foods in your school! Through a grant* opportunity, IDALS is creating an “Iowa Local Food Day” statewide celebration. This event will bring together all sectors of Farm to School. Unifying the state and local food project will:
- Aid food service directors in making local procurements
- Engage more growers in growing and selling produce to school
- Allow Farm to School activities to expand beyond fruits and vegetables
- Help growers ramp up sales by working with Summer Food Service Programs (SFSP)
- Raise awareness of Farm to School across the state
And… let kids experience the goodness that Iowa foods.
How can you get involved?
- Sign up to participate
- Attend a training workshop/webinar
- Promote this event at your school and within your community
- Attend the workshop
- Plan to plants for schools
- Get registered in the Iowa Farm to School Directory
- Grower workshops (4)
- Food Service Director/Local Procurement Trainings
- Menu/recipe resources, access to local food coordinators, taste test supplies/opportunities, food hub aggregation, marketing materials, pricing information
- Food grade boxes for growers
*IDALS is a recipient of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) FY 2017 Farm to School Support Service Grant
For more information contact email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org